- The consumer’s attention is shifting to videos now. Let’s take a look at YouTube, the world’s second largest SEO after Google. Every day, there are at least a billion of YouTube users and generating billions of view count. YouTube reports that mobile video consumption rises by 100% every year. Your consumers are already moving to the other platform, shouldn’t your business follow as well?
- Visual IQ. A picture speaks a thousand words. Visual images enhance our learning as they are easier to be comprehended and retained. Thus, it is easier to convey your message through video and most importantly, people will remember it. This also helps to build your branding.
- Increase in direct sales. People are emotional creatures. They make decisions emotionally, not logically. Through storytelling, it includes moving images, voices, and tonality, which creates an emotional connection between your brand and your consumers. It is more likely that the consumers will buy into you as videos make it easier for the consumers to digest the information and make your business appear more convincing and trustworthy. Research shown that online video ads contribute to direct sales by 35%. Gram has helped our clients to create campaigns that are light-hearted and offers a unique emotional connection by bringing out the soul of the brand to the consumers.
- Low cost. As contrary to common belief, the cost of video marketing is relatively low. The content of the videos can be repurposed into many different channels. The same video content can be used on video webhost, social media channels, and even email newsletter! Moreover, as top social media channels, e.g. Facebook, now favour video content, it is easier to reach to your customers who are now spending 9 hours on average on these social media platforms. Social media platform is also a great tool for viral marketing. Let’s take Facebook as an example. Facebook has 1.7 billion active users, and Facebook makes it easy to share videos. When your video captures people’s attention, your product or brand can reach to at least 100 million potential consumers easily. 92% of users will share the videos with others.
- Boost SEO. Videos attract more traffic and it is easier to help your business page appear in front of the search engine. Pages with video are 53 times more likely to appear on Google front page. Google search engine favours quality content over keywords. Since high quality video content can enhance your SEO result, how do you create it? Research shown that the attention span on a web page is about 8 seconds. You do realise that YouTube allows the audience to click on “Skip Ads” after 5 seconds right? So the first 5 to 8 seconds is the most critical for the audience to decide whether to stay on watching your video. Of course, the video itself must not be too long. The recommended time range is about 4 minutes, just enough for you to narrate a captivating story.
Enjoyed this article? Read more about the marketing benefits of animation videos in our other article here.